While your travel agent can guide you, it is really up to you to ensure you have a valid passport and the right visas.
- Make sure your passport is valid for travel for all the countries you are visiting or transiting in.
- Many countries require your passport to be valid during and beyond the length of your stay (usually a minimum of 6 months). So check what applies to your itinerary.
- It is a good idea to carry two additional passport photos with you in case your passport is stolen or lost and you need a replacement passport while overseas.
- Depending on your nationality you may need visas for the various countries you are visiting or transiting in. It is often essential that these are obtained prior to going overseas.
- Be prepared; if you are unsure about what to do contact your Embassy. Find your local embassy in the countries you are visiting at http://www.usembassy.gov/